I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my website’s visitors; This policy statement outlines how your personal information and data is collected, processed, stored and used within the business activities of Tony Austin Shiatsu. It is intended that this statement will provide information of how Tony Austin Shiatsu will implement and adhere to the guidance and legislation outlined by Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Anthony Austin is a sole trader and is the Data Controller for Tony Austin Shiatsu.
- What information do I collect?
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information that you provide to me for the purpose of subscribing to my e-mail notifications and newsletters (name and email address)
- Information that you provide when communicating with me through the “Contact” form on my website (name, email address and the content of your communication)
- When you visit my website my web server does automatically record the name of your internet service provider (ISP), the website from which you visited me and the pages on my site you visit, amongst other statistics through the utilisation of “cookies”. This information is anonymous.
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. This information is anonymous.
- promotional events. Individuals will be able to sign-up to join the mailing list via a ‘sign-up form’. At the point of sign-up, it will be clearly stated that they are providing their email address in order to receive regular newsletters and updates regarding the services provided.
- shiatsu clients and Qigong students. When an individual attends a shiatsu session or a Qigong class with me, a “client questionnaire” or enrolment form is completed. They will be given the opportunity to join my mailing list, by ticking the appropriate box on the appropriate form.
- When Tony Austin Shiatsu receives an enquiry, no personal data information is saved, unless explicit permission has been sought.
- Using your personal data
Mailchimp sign-ups. All individuals who submit their personal information online, will automatically be imported to Mailchimp.
Manual sign-ups. When individuals provide their personal information via a paper sign-up form or via a shiatsu session or Qigong class, their name, email address and preferences will be added to the Tony Austin Shiatsu Mailchimp account by the data controller.
Shiatsu clients Information and Records. All shiatsu clients’ records will be added to my filing system and stored appropriately (see Storing Data).
I may use your personal information to:
- provide you with further information about the services I offer or to assist you in answering questions you may have submitted.
- send invoices and collect payments from you.
- send you my newsletter and other marketing communications relating to my business which I think may be of interest to you, and where you have specifically agreed to this.
- Your personal details will only be added to my email mailing list when, or if you take affirmative online action to ‘opt in’. Some opt-ins may be manually processed with your permission.
- You can unsubscribe from email newsletters at any time through an “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email newsletter or other clear means of unsubscribing.
- Email marketing campaigns may contain tracking facilities to monitor activity, such as opening and forwarding of emails and clicking of links. This is used to refine future email campaigns to supply the user with more relevant content.
I will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Storing Data
The following section will outline how Tony Austin Shiatsu will store personal data and information:
Mailing List. Mailchimp will be used to store the appropriate information regarding all individuals on the mailing list. The paper client questionnaires or enrolment forms will be stored in a locked filing cabinet.
Shiatsu Clients’ Information. All shiatsu client records are stored in a locked filing cabinet.
- Reviewing and removing data
The following section will outline how Tony Austin Shiatsu will review and remove personal information and data.
When sending a ‘group’ email to the mailing lists, there will always be the option for individuals to update their preferences or remove themselves from the list, via a link in the footer of the email.
If an individual asks to have their information removed from the list, this will be done at the first available opportunity and their details will be removed from all lists. If it was via a paper sign-up sheet, it will be noted on the form that they have requested to be removed and dated.
Shiatsu clients’ records will be stored for 7 years, from the date of last contact, in a locked filing cabinet. When 7 years have lapsed, the records will be disposed of via shredding or burning.
If an individual requests removal of their shiatsu records within the 7-year period, Tony Austin Shiatsu will seek advice from ICO and the insurance provider, based on the individual circumstances.
- Other disclosures
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- Security of your personal data
I will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
I do not sell, rent or distribute personally identifiable information to third parties.
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you.
You may instruct me NOT to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to email@example.com) at any time (in practice, you will usually expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
- Third party websites
My website may contain links to other websites. I am not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- Updating information
Please let me know if the personal information which I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
18 Montpelier Terrace
East Sussex, BN1 3DF
Alternatively you can contact me by telephone on 07967 827399
Dated: 16th May, 2018